Mission, Position and Mandate
The Hearing Foundation of Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating the devastating effects of hearing loss on Canadians by promoting prevention, early diagnosis, leading edge medical research and successful intervention.
We believe that:
- Hearing loss can have a devastating impact on communication, and in turn, hinder language development, education, employment and personal safety.
- We should share information on how to prevent hearing loss so that Canadians can make informed decisions about protection and treatment.
- In the short-term, medical research will lead to new or improved diagnostic and intervention techniques and treatments.
- In the long-term, medical research will lead to restoration or reversal of some forms of hearing loss.
We are committed to improving hearing health among Canadians by fostering safe listening habits and hearing loss detection, from an early age, and supporting medical research that improves diagnosis and treatment.
We make a difference to Canadians by:
- Providing grants to enable Canadian researchers to conduct clinical and biological medical research in hearing-related fields.
- Educating the public, particularly young people, on how to detect and prevent hearing loss.
- Advocating awareness of hearing protection and related issues to governments, media and the public.